Monday 13 January 2014

Movie Monday: Pretty in Pink

I have a vast and growing amount of DVDs. Something you'd learn about me as one peruses through my collection, is that I adore 80s movies, especially those cult 'coming-of-age' ones.


This Monday, I have chosen to dedicate my movie post to a recently acquired film, Pretty in Pink. Written by John Hughes and starring some of my favourites, Molly Ringwald, Andrew McCarthy and Jon Cryer, this is a film that everyone can relate to an aspect of, at some point in their life.












 
 
 
And please can we take a moment to appreciate Duckie's shoes. I love a good pair of shoes on a bloke.
 
 
 

A huge reason for my love of these movies is that they are real, as in, they address real issues and real emotions. They show the development of the so-called 'lost' teenagers, never truly lost, just smarter and more genuine than everyone else. Another reason - everyone is cooler than me. I am an 80s girl, having to live my teen years in the Tensies (what is this decade even called?)

No comments:

Post a Comment