Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Usually when people talk about Rocky Horror, they have some extravagant, coming-of-age, self-realisation story that is completely beautiful and inspiring. But for me, I don't have a story. My mum simply bought me the DVD because I'm cultured, weird and love musicals. However, this film is a piece of cult art that everyone has their own interpretation of and to me, that makes things more special. It was something new and bizarre of its age - a social eye-opener, if you will. It explores themes that were taboo in at the time, such as the sexual themes and homoeroticism. [Okay, so they were taboo subjects in day-to-day life. Let's push the magnificent 'underground' scene to the side for a sec.] I just love the decadence and confusion and the soundtrack and the culture that has grown from the film! I would adore to go to a midnight showing but I live in the least exciting town in Britain.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment